Learn to bake bread in your spare time
Mac takes you through our new article, a super simple recipe for bread based on a method made famous by Dan Lepard. Using this recipe you can fit bread making any number of other hobbies (or just relaxing) to maximise your weekend enjoyment.
Ingredients and full steps in the article above.
Bread is one of life's simple pleasures. Everyone should enjoy the smell of freshly made bread at least once a week, it is good for the soul. I am happy to die on this hill.
Steps at a glance:
1. Mix yeast with warm water and let the yeast activate for 20 minutes. Prep the flour in your bowl
2. Mix the flour, some cold water and the yeast with your hands. Add salt after an initial mixing. Leave for 10 minutes
3. Take the mixture out and knead for 30 seconds. Place the ball of dough back in the bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
4. Repeat the kneading process for another 30 seconds, then leave for a further 10 minutes.
5. One last knead and the return to the bowl for 45 minutes to rise.
6. Take the dough out and shape on a flour dusted side, place on a baking tray for 45 minutes.
7. Score the bread and bake for ~35 minutes.
8. Wait for the bread to cool (about an hour)
9. Cut and enjoy!
Music: « Getting Higher » from Bensound.com - www.bensound.com